At the end of this video learners will:
- Define gender and sex and describe their differences
- Understand that human sex diversity goes far beyond the binary of male and female
- Identify ways in which the socially constructed binaries of sex and gender are damaging
- How do you relate to gender outside of your assigned sex at birth?
- What is your earliest positive memory of a trans person? What is your earliest negative memory of a trans person?
- How do you think these memories shaped your views of trans people?
Presented by: Aspen Ruhlin (they/them/theirs)
Community Advocate, Mabel Wadsworth Clinic
In this video Aspen describes the difference between sex and gender and explains that both are social constructs we can shift our thinking around.